Website Content Strategy for a Start-up
Website is your first impression to your prospective clients. It is the first organized introduction you provide to the users. With social media becoming popular – lot of your competitors are active online and that is why those which offer more – get response.
An informative website is a passe as the information is available in abundance on the internet. You need to reach out and provide answers. The more detailed you are – the higher the trust levels of your visitors. The simple rule of Branding works here – put relevance and truth to reach out.
A simple question you should think before you start writing the content for your website – Are we offering solutions to their problems?
They would understand that you already know about the industry, what they seek help about and there follows the prospect’s desire to get connected to discuss more about their problems and ultimately asking for a proposal. The more detailed you are about a subject – the chances of a positive call to action double.
Imagine if you have put less, the visitor will lose interest in the middle and there are chances they will drift away to get better results for their queries.
Why it is important to know your Website Visitors?
Yes. It is important to know your targeted visitors well in advance. When you know who will be the readers for your website. Usually websites offer very generic content, sometimes even the brand owners do not want to get into details. But, that is not recommended. It is not good for the overall health of business, the brand, the customer trust and even the recall value. If there is nothing which the visitor on the website can resonate it – your website content strategy is missing.
Yes. You cannot mention complexities on the website as not all users are equally educated on the subjects equally. So the language has to be simple and approachable – heavy jargon and tough English is not advised. It only confuses your visitors and those who are naive will only switch to simplified sites.
That is why it is significant to understand your visitor, analyze their behavior and accordingly designing and sharing the content – which is written keeping them in the mind.
Let us List, Features of a Good Website:
- Your website layout should be clear and straight
- Branding should be easy to comprehend and recall – logo design, placement, tabs etc.
- Create the appropriate Call to Action areas on your Website
- Important Links should be there in the attention area
- Highlight all the Significant & Relevant Links on the homepage itself
- Social Presence – audience find it easy to follow brands & businesses on social platforms
- Websites with frequently updated content are always good
- Aesthetics and Detailing of content should be done as per the business category
- Wellness, Personal Care, Apparel and Lifestyle Brands need to work on aesthetics. Similarly, brands related to financing, human resource, banking, IT – need to be updated frequently. Industries like Real Estate, Healthcare etc are those – where both the strategies count.
Avoidable impressions of a website:
- I am a Start-up. I am not so clear about things right now
- Will build on later as I progress
- We did it for web presence, will be updating shortly
- We are in the market, will make some revenues and later update
- We do not want to talk about the people behind the brand
- Badly managed social spaces linked on the website
To get more ideas on your business website or if you want our brand and web experts to review your website, please send in mail with details to, email@example.com